Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Oreos

http://www.truemajority.org/oreos/

This is a bit too simple for my tastes but I think it engages people and I think we need to use mockery and symbolism more effectively; this cartoon does a great job on both fronts. My concern is that the the cutsey presentation will insult people's intelligence.

Also, while we had an opportunity to reap a peace dividend shortly after the cold war ended, in the age of terrorism, I think it would be a mistake to present policy choices that take funding from the military and spend them exclusively on social programs. I could take the whole thing a little more seriously if a few of those cookies were added to a pile on containing "loose nukes" or stopping the genocide in Darfur. Both of these are security items that liberals have prioritized and we should call the Right out on this.

On the other hand, I'm arguing with a cartoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home